You stopped keeping a strict diet, lost weight and, of course, want to consolidate your success. You no longer need a strict diet to lose weight fast. But how can you fix your “success”? There are six so-called ”long-term strategies”, which will not allow excessive fat get back into your life and your slender body…
You are finally happy with your reflection. You can be proud of yourself, because you really worked to the maximum. Now, however, you have a little left to do – to not let the extra kilos get back to the “native shore”. You should agree that it feels pretty darn nice to meet friends, who remember you with “chubby cheeks”, and hear: “You look stunning!”. And your new friends will not even believe your stories about the “road of sorrows”. Here it is – the reaction of others people you dreamed of so much! And most importantly is that you did not just dream, but “transformed” you fantasies into real goals.
This is custom heading element
Below, we provide advice on how to lose weight without dieting and how to repel it, if it “decides” to return. Be responsible towards your own body, otherwise any technique and trick will be simply useless.
Doctors-nutritionists are trying to convince
“You can truly lose weight (without torturing diets), only when physical activity and proper nutrition become your normal lifestyle and as important as the “air” you breathe”
Six practical tips for every day
Learn how to calculate calories. Generally, it is not so important how you got the food calories – it is important to remember one simple rule: consumption or expenditure of 7,700 kcal results in the loss or gain of 1 kg of weight. Your weight loss plan provides a weekly “farewell” to 0.5 kg? So, you have to get rid of 555 calories a day. Count everything carefully.
After all, what do you prefer: restrictions on eating or a 60-minute walk? That’s right. Diversify your table with useful foods, be sure to include olive or soybean oil, and eliminate stuff you got tired to eat. Say “No!” to extra calories.
Consider the basic needs of the body, when developing your individual meal plan for weight loss, and do not forget about the required elements of a healthy diet: fats, carbohydrates, and proteins.
Experts recommend getting calories from food in the following percentage ratio:
- From carbohydrates – 55%;
- From fat-containing – about 30%;
- From rich in proteins – 15%.
Eat all the most useful stuff. Do not be afraid to experiment:
- eat fruits and vegetables, perhaps even something you have never tried before;
- try to have colorful fruit each time;
- indulge yourself with new recipes.
Keep a diary of your lifestyle and keep note of:
- everything you eaten in a day,
- how much time you dedicated to exercising.
Of course, you can avoid this step, but then you may start to unconsciously deceiving yourself.
Example. People, who were telling everyone about their walking activity, were offered to use a pedometer. It turned out that instead of the “stated” 10 thousand steps, they had done just 4000.
- Do not be careless in choosing dishes for your weight loss meal plan.
Count all calories after each meal and make corresponding marks in the notebook. If you feel it is absolutely unbearable to put down letters and numbers so often, you may dedicate this task at least some time a week or a month. Thus, you will have the opportunity to see, if your life rhythm is going right or not.
Follow the rules you set for yourself. A proper “Meal plan” for weight loss will make your life much easier. If you are a vegetarian, meat will not get into your mouth for any reason. If you don’t consume animal proteins at home, then you shouldn’t do it even at a party or in a restaurant.
Caught yourself gnawing on cornflakes late at night?
Find the strength to “self-penalize” – forget about your favorite sweets for a month!
Can not live without a crust of bread? You are welcome!
- But then you have to forget about the potatoes and pasta.
- One source of carbs per meal. In other words, choose one or the other.
Temporary barriers are not a reason for despair. Your jogging partner fell ill? Wish him a speedy recovery… and, finally, go into the fitness center or get on top of a new exercise program at home.
Scales keep showing the same number day by day? Try to do something fresh and inspiring: sign up for aikido, “savor” the charm of vegetarianism.
Interesting recipes: a fresh approach to healthy foods
Just the sight of omelet gives you “flipped guts”? Boiled chicken fillet does not cause any emotion, except a quiet sadness? To stop the “dietary monotony” from killing the enchanting joy of weight loss results, you should get each of the meals work for you.
We offer you some unique recipes: their high protein content will allow you feel sated and satisfied for a long time. Do not be afraid to break the stereotypes of dietary requirements.
The basis of a balanced diet is a delicious, nutritious breakfast for weight loss. If you keep fasting the first half of the day, you run the risk of overeating at lunch. Recharge yourself in the morning with a wonderful treat!
Blueberry and apricot cake
It differs from the usual pastry by its minimum fat and calories content. Coarse flour with oatmeal will fill you with B vitamins, milk and yogurt – with calcium, apricot nectar – with potassium and vitamin C, blueberry – with antioxidants, and almonds – with monounsaturated fats.
- 1 1/2 cups flour;
- 1 1/2 cups wheat flour;
- 3/4 cup oatmeal;
- 3/4 cup sugar;
- 1 tablespoon baking powder;
- 1 tsp soda;
- 1/4 tsp salt;
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk;
- 1/2 cup apricot syrup;
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt;
- 1 egg;
- 3 tablespoons melted margarine (light)
- 1 pack of vanilla sugar;
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen);
- 1/4 cup almonds;
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar.
Now let’s go step by step through the recipe of this lovely option for a tasty breakfast for weight loss.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Grease the form.
- In a big bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, flakes, sugar; make a deepening in the middle.
- Take a smaller bowl and whisk in it milk, apricot nectar, yogurt, vanilla, 2 tablespoons margarine and egg.
- Pour the resulting mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients; Mix until homogeneous mass.
- Now, stir in the blueberries. “Distribute the dough in the forms.
- To get the almond frosting, combine, cane sugar, 1 tbsp margarine and flour. Distribute the mix evenly over the tops of future muffins. Bake for 20 minutes. You can see for yourself whether the dish is ready by using toothpicks.
Nutritional value of one serving – 274 kcal.
Turkey burger with apple
You will hardly be able to come out with something more quick and simple, than this meal. A lean turkey burger becomes juicy and spicy thanks to apple. Apples contain pectin and fiber that can lower blood cholesterol (bad).
To cook the burger (4 servings), you will need:
- 450 g minced lean turkey;
- 1 grated apple (green);
- 1 tsp seasonings for poultry;
- 1 tsp curry powder;
- 2 tsp olive oil;
- 4 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise;
- 4 rolls (whole grain);
- 4 large leaf lettuce;
- 2 tomatoes, cut into slices.
Even though the number of products you will use for this recipe is not so large, you will certainly love the dish and enjoy cooking it:
- Mix minced meat with apple and spices.
- Shape the burgers, fry 3 minutes on each side.
- Place them on the rolls. Put the mayonnaise, top cover with tomato and lettuce.
Nutritional value of one serving – 257 kcal.
Chicken with lemon, pepper, potatoes and kale
To cook this favorite protein of millions of people in a whole new and healthy way, you will need (2 servings):
- 2 piece (170 g) chicken breast no bones and no skin, cut into 2.5 cm wide strips
- 6 finger potatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup coarsely chopped kale
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- 2 pinches of black pepper or 1/4 tsp. of black peppercorns
Ready to cook this mouthwatering chicken? Let’s go!
- Preheat oven to 205˚C.
- Arrange chicken strips on a baking sheet.
- In a deep bowl, mix the remaining ingredients together.
- Pour this mixture over chicken.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
Nutritional value of one serving – 639 kcal.
As six months pass of your slimming program, the weight loss progress slows down – it is a proven fact. This may be reasoned by both psychological factors and body characteristics. You managed to lose 200 g per week? Great! This is your body continuing to get rid of fat, making you even more slender and healthier.
Trust me, such a modest figure is not a reason to be sad. It only means that you got so close to your perfect shape!